Wednesday, February 4, 2009

~Look at me, No more tonsils!~

Another January update...almost caught up!

Eric has been struggling with extra large tonsils for the past year. We prayed and tried several things to help them but they were just super big. Every cold turned into a big event.

Before his ride in his "train bed"


This was our first experience with one of our children having surgery. My mommy heart just about broke when I saw him curled up and wimpering in the recovery area. It was so nice to be able to hold him as he slept an additional hour or more. We ended up staying a bit longer than we thought but thankfully we were able to go home the same day.




Eric did very well and is recovering nicely. I am hoping his picky eating and poor sleeping habits get back to normal after he is off all the medication.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww-- He looks so cute, though! I am so glad that the ordeal went smoothly and that he is recovering nicely. PTL!
Jennifer Kerr

Diane said...

Poor little guy! I can only imagine how difficult is was to see him after surgery... my daughter only has a cold and can't breathe through her nose. I practically want to cry when she has to eat with her mouth open so she can breathe!

Hope he's feeling better soon :)

Jenny said...

oh my--poor him and poor mom!

Every boy needs a "train bed." :)