Friday, October 4, 2013

~Scarves~

I found this yarn while I was out...

Makes a quick, beautiful, warm, fuzzy scarf☺(maybe 90 minutes) I also got a cranberry color!

I wasn't planning on making any of these this year... but Kiersten loved these colors.



I also tried some arm knitting.



The cast on was confusing, but the rest went quickly.  It took me about 45 minutes to complete a 30 min scarf.  Here is the video tutorial.


This is going to be my favorite winter scarf!!!


I also wanted to try one of the pom pom scarves...


I got half way and realized I used the perfect number of cast on stitches to create a pattern... pink and green on one side and blue and green on the other.  I ripped it all out and started over.  Now the colors are all mixed together!

It was fun to complete six scarves in two weeks after spending several months on some big projects.  I really enjoy having something to do when Nathan is doing school.  I have to sit with him the whole time, but if my hands are busy I don't mind.

I did promise to make Nathan the next scarf... I even let him pick his own colors.  Once I get all these ends tied in I'll get started☺

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I've seen knitting done with PVC pipes to make a blanket. It goes pretty fast too, but you need a lot of room!