I did not grow up in a church that participated in Bible Quizzing. Last year, I tried to help the youth study for their quizzing but didn't really know what to expect. This year I studied the book of Ephesians with them and wrote out over 80 questions to be better prepared. I was also able to Coach one of the teams... all three teams and coaches worked and studied together. We only really split up for the actual quizzing.
Friday night was Quiz Night at our church, our first year hosting! Our church had three teams, the church that normally hosts had three teams and a smaller church had one team (their first year participating).
We ended up coming in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. In fact, the only time we lost was to ourselves! These teens put a lot of time and energy into this! I am amazed at their recall!
I was a coach for team one... and had to appeal twice! UGH! Not my favorite thing of the night! I was so nervous! I listened to the question with my nose in my bible making sure it was judged correctly. I was also keeping track of right and wrong answers. The first appeal was in regard to an incomplete answer. Even after my appeal it was voted incomplete. The second appeal I knew I had more ground to stand on, but I was battling the idea of just letting it go. I had to be sure of the question and sure of my appeal in about 30 seconds before they moved on to the next question. Our substitute was sitting next to me egging me on. haha! While they were thinking through the appeal I had several give me thumbs up. Yes! We won that appeal!
All three of our teems did an amazing job!
I was challenged by my study time in the book of Ephesians. The first three chapters are filled with what we have and who we are in Christ. Wow! What a great list of things to remember! The last three chapters are filled with how we should walk. It only makes sense to walk this walk when I have truly seen who I am and what I have and that it is only by Him.
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I am so glad that our substitute was pushing you to make the appeal...and I am SOOOOOO glad that we won the "battle"...I think it was definitely amusing for everyone else to watch us as well!;)
Post a Comment