I skipped out of racing this weekend to spend some time with extended family. My Aunt & Uncle and two cousins were in from Michigan. I haven't seen one of my cousins since we were in high school. It was so neat to meet his wife, Melinda, and three children, Nate, Maddie and Autumn.
Nathan said on the way home... "Mom, I made some great friends today."
The kids played and colored fairly well together. Some of us played Bocce Ball. Melinda and I have a lot in common with our homeschooling and were able to swap some ideas. Caleb showed us some time lapsed videos he took on vacation in West Virginia. Grandma made a very nice lunch for us and sat and watched the commotion. More than one person was sleeping at any given point in the afternoon. It was a very nice day!
On the way home we spotted this hot air balloon landing!
I have did 9 hours of driving last week... that is a lot for me! I'm ready to stay home this week and catch up on things around here.






2 comments:
Sounds like fun times!
I'm guessing with the red hair that they are Dan and Claudia's grandkids. I'm not even sure when I saw them last. Glad you got to spend time with family and it's always good to get new ideas for school. Have a good week! -Jen
Post a Comment