The dining room gets a good "spring cleaning" near the beginning of August. Most of our school stuff is kept in there and I just don't like cleaning it until I can get rid of the old books and get out the new books.
Our race was cancelled on Saturday because of the rain... again. I spent most of the day working on the dining room.
It looks so much better! Yay for new supplies!
Our school for this year...
All the boys will be getting their Bible and memory work from their Wednesday night clubs.
All the boys will be using Teaching Textbooks for Math. Jordan needs to complete Alg 2 and Geometry this year.
Jordan, Jared and Aaron will be using The Grammar Key again this year for grammar, Spelling Power for spelling, and Rosetta Stone for Spanish.
Jordan will be doing electronics for science and Truth Quest for history. I have not used Truth Quest before but it looks like a good base for learning through literature.
Jared, Aaron, Eric and Nathan will all be using "The Prairie Primer" for school this year. A friend of ours is going to study along with us and join us in projects and field trips. I'm really excited about it! We will be reading through all 9 Little House books and doing studies from there. In the first two months we will make butter, dissect owl pellets, learn gun safety, butcher a chicken, take a field trip to make cheese, make rabbit stew, take a field trip to a mine, learn about poisonous plants, how bee stings work, what our blood is made of, make bows and arrows, crack nuts (learning about levers), make maple syrup candy... and the list goes on!
Friday, August 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment