Tuesday, July 9, 2013

~Seminary~


I am currently reading a book called "Killing Fields Living Fields."  It is about Cambodia.  It is a slow read for me but such an interesting one that I will finish... I will.  It is a good thing that I can put the book down, I've got way to much going on right now to be lost in a book for a few days. Anyway, the author gave a definition for Seminary that I really have been thinking about.  I am very visual and love this visual picture!

This is a great definition!  Makes it very visual!

It really has me thinking about our homes and churches.  I am all for education, but I'm not totally sold on all forms of "higher education."

I do not have a green thumb, but I've made some observations.
  1. Plants sown from seed or cuttings are fragile... sun, heat, water... you have to be very careful and very vigilant.
  2. The piece of ground needs to be fertile.  Some ground has nothing to give... some ground has already given up it's nutrients and needs to be re worked.
  3. Transplanted plants still need "encouragement"... late season hail storms, high winds, sometimes animals or they may just need to be staked up.
  4. If plants are not transplanted when ready, they can actually wilt and look sickly

As I think about my kids/my home, the church kids/church I was applying it this way...
  1. Are we properly caring for them? Strengthening them? Slowly getting them weathered?  or are we planting and walking away? or are we planting and sending out too soon?
  2. Is my home/church fertile.  Are we able to feed them properly?  Am I reworking my life so that I can continue to give to and to feed others?
  3. Those that have moved on to serve whether a mission field in the church or across the globe, are we encouraging them? Supporting them?  When the winds blow, do we check in on them?
  4. Are we holding anyone back?  Is someone ready and willing to serve and we haven't encouraged or made an effort to find a place for them to serve... not serving can cause a person to wither.
 Seedlings were always meant to be transplanted!

No comments: