Thursday, June 27, 2013

~Audio Books~

We listen to audio books to and from the race track.  It is an hour drive so we go through audio books fairly quickly.

Billy Budd, Sailor Focus on the Family Radio Theatre Audiodrama on CD  -     
        By: Herman Melville

We Listened to Billy Budd, Sailor last month.  The book was written by Herman Melville... Sounds familiar doesn't it!  His very famous tale on the ocean was written before he came to know Christ.  This story was written after.  I was very surprised by the ending... but won't be spoiling anything for you:-)  It was a great "read" for our family... although the younger ones didn't pick up on too much.

The audio book we just finished is The Hiding Place.  I have read the book several times and watched the movie, but the story is just so incredible... worthy of another listen!
The Hiding Place - Focus on the Family Radio Theatre audiodrama on CD  -     
        By: Corrie ten Boom, Dave Arnold

This story never ceases to challenge me.  Be thankful in all things... even for the fleas!  So many gems in here!

I have been personally intrigued with World War II.  I just watched The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler.   Some amazing people doing some amazing things for our amazing God!





No comments: