Tuesday, November 15, 2011

~MIA Blessing List~

So, I can't be everywhere and do everything... Yeah, I'm still learning that. I've cut back on my computer time to be more in tune with the world going on behind me... I don't like that I have missed journaling some fun things... but I do like that I am more available for making memories.

Sigh... balance!

We have been enjoying some fun indoor activities since it has been dark, cold and damp around here... catching up on some cleaning... potty training... and eating!

So, here is my catch up post mixed with my blessing post for the last week... or two! :-)

#516-540

516. pile of clean dishes... before supper!
517. war on paper - what laughter and fun coming from the other room!
518. home made soup
519. the taste of fresh bread
520. the ooohs and aaahs from the family!
521. fresh cut veggies waiting to be thrown into the pot
522. the smell of warm dough rising
523. pulling out the big box of playmobile and sitting on the floor for an hour with my girl.... my legs were so asleep but she wouldn't let me sit on the couch and watch... I had to play
524. finally (after 8 years) cleaning and sealing the wood floor in the dinning room!
(the picture is hard to see but half of the floor was done and shiny!)
525. duplex legos with the little people... they were so impressed with my building skills!
526. indoor hop scotch... my one child normally has just one sock on...
527. finding my girl brushing her teeth (normally when I have to go look for her, she is in trouble)

528. Celebrating two birthdays

529. fresh from the oven cinnamon rolls

530. sound sleep... after a week of being restless

531. the look one brother gives another when they are up to something

532. taking many, many trips to the potty chair... she is getting a hang of it!

533. hot tea right before bed.

534. new thick flannel sheets to jump into

535. knowing everyone is tucked into bed

536. hearing boys laugh while they do their big brothers chores
(Gregg and three boys left early Saturday for a flea market...
I asked Eric and Nathan to help me with their chores and they gladly
did them all by themselves! I just cracked up watching them!)

537. Big boys coming home with treasures

538. The beep of the mail lady delivering packages!

539. getting my laptop back from the repair center

540. a quick email from a cancer surviving friend telling me she is well

540. headaches that help me call it a night

nighty night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle,
You've had a busy couple of weeks!
The soup and bread look yummy.
I remember war on paper! Another thing we did during cold, snowy days was color(with color marker pens) those large black velvet posters we could find at Wal-mart. Fun times :-)
Good your making progress with potty training. :-) Cute picture of brushing the teeth.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who says "mail lady"! The first time I said that, someone said to me, "What's that? Another gender?!"
Take care,
Anne ♥