Wednesday, November 23, 2011

~Grandma~

Grandmas.... aren't they the best!!?!?!?

I happen to have both of my grandmothers still living. They are so different from each other... but I have so many good memories of spending time with them.

I'll have to meet Gregg's one grandmother in heaven... I love her already because I know she prayed for me... not by name but for his future spouse:-)

I was able to meet Gregg's other grandmother while we were still dating... I'm thinking July 1994. Before I met Grandma he told me all about her.
  • she is little
  • she is funny
  • she wears jeans and sneakers
  • she rides roller coasters
  • she irons jeans (he loved this)
  • she has handwriting that should be turned into a font
  • she listens to talk radio
  • she has definite political opinions
He touted her as a "cool" grandma. I was pleasantly surprised! I added some of my own observations over the past number of years...
  • she has the best laugh
  • she writes the greatest letters
  • she loves a good picnic
  • her arthritis filled fingers are all out of shape... she was a hard worker
  • she learned how to use an ipad
  • she sure can cook
  • she lived well in spite of chronic pain
We were saddened to hear of her hospitalization on Friday night and then of her passing on Monday... just days after her 88th birthday.

We were so glad we took a trip to see her in April. We knew then that we may never see her again so we spent as much time with her as we could. She lived with Gregg's Aunt and Uncle and they were so gracious to allow us to hang out at their house for a number of days (8 people hanging out isn't real quiet or convenient... but they were so welcoming!).

Tonight, I pulled out some old photos and scanned them to make some scrapbook pages to remember Grandma. I'll be adding thoughts and captions for my own memories but here are some photos of Gregg's sweet, little, cool Grandma...






Grandma and I will meet again. She questioned many things, but never doubted her salvation.

Have you hugged your Grandma today?

No comments: