Friday, May 6, 2011

~16th Anniversary Celebration~

Gregg took today off. We scurried around all morning trying to get the needed things accomplished... I was cleaning, he was finishing up cars and getting them loaded for the track tomorrow, the boys were mowing and helping Gregg. My parents came over around noon to watch over the kids...

With coupons and gift cards in hand, Gregg and I took off to celebrate our upcoming anniversary. I had gotten free tickets to Longwood Gardens that were good for today only. What a beautiful day it turned out to be! It is still early spring here in the North East, but there were blooms everywhere in the gardens!

Gregg and I came here several times when we were dating and newly married. It was fun to be back!

Here are some of my favorite photos...





After our stroll through the gardens, we went out for dinner with a gift card. The GPS took us to a private condo development. Gregg looked up the address again on his phone and it was taking us to that same place! We finally found the place by using "drive" instead of "crossing."

Our waitress was using a fake high pitched voice. Crazy. I had a hard time not laughing at her every time she talked to us!

It was a lovely day! I can't remember the last time we were alone for so long and we were not even in a rush:0) It was good to get home too. The kids had a great time with Grammy and Grandpa. I'm sure they will be telling us stories over the next few days of everything that happened... I should have given them a camera to record their day... I already heard something about Grandpa on the trampoline? shooting dandelions? and ice cream cones?

3 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!! :)

Longwoods gardens is beautiful! We went there years ago, when we were visiting friends in the area. I think we just had our oldest 3 at the time. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Sounds like you had a great day. :-)

Todd Bedo said...

Haha why was your waitress using a fake high pitched voice? Congrats on the anniversary and the pictures look great! I have never been to Longwood Gardens although I always wanted to..