I finished this book almost two weeks ago. I could not put it down... I could not stop crying.I love a good true story... I even love a sad true story. But I didn't realize how much this book was going to effect me. This post was in the midst of the book. I really struggled with keeping my emotions in check that week. This book and the devastating tornadoes didn't help my already exhausted emotional self.
I have always had a heart for adoption. I think it is one of the greatest things you could ever do. China has been a place of interest for me since My Love travels there often. I think the culture there is amazing! I also remember the day this story hit the news. All of these things combined made me sure I would love the book.
I seriously don't think I ever cried so much through any book... ever! It was very well written and very real. Mary Beth basically wrote about her life and all the things that happened the way she didn't plan them. She wrote about the way she coped or didn't cope. There were funny parts and sad parts. There were three small parts that I would have left unsaid (a little too personal for me).
I am sure the Chapmans and I don't see eye to eye on theology or music, but I was challenged
* by their faith
* the wise use of their finances
* their honest struggles
* I loved the way they wanted to protect their children. They knew the son that caused the tragic death would be facing a lot. Satan could use that to ruin his life and possible the family as well - they stayed on their knees praying for God to help him through
* Their friends made a hedge around them
* They used this bad situation for good... all the time fighting feelings of despair. They didn't "feel better" first... they acted first.
I am glad I read it, but if you decide to pick up a copy for yourself make sure you get a box of tissues!






No comments:
Post a Comment