Sunday, May 22, 2011

~One Fine Day~

Wow! Yesterday was just lovely! The boys didn't race because the track was too wet from the rain all week. We don't get many Saturdays at home and my mind was reeling with ideas of what to do.

I took my early morning walk and thought I really needed to get the front gardens cleaned out before the summer heat sets in. Our front yard has full sun all day and I don't want to be mulching in the heat of summer! (it has been too many years since we mulched!)

When I got home from my walk we all ate breakfast and set to work on some projects. Kiersten took some time to hang out with me and then would go with a brother or with dad for awhile and come back to me. I got a lot done! I had some mighty fine helpers too! I did not ask them for any help because I figured the mulching would be enough work... but they surprised me and offered me drinks, ran to get tissues, offered to dump the weeds, and offered to keep Kiersten busy.
We managed to fit in some racing before lunch! I can fit in Jordan's new car so I was racing Jordan, Jared, and Eric. Fun! Bumpy! Dirty! Hot and loud!
I happened to have the fastest car... the engine was bigger. Here I am in the lead! Well, actually I am in the lead at the moment. It didn't take long for them all to pass me. Then they all lapped me. That happened a lot! They said I got faster and they were gracious enough to not be too hard on me since I had never driven a quarter midget before:0)

After a yummy lunch we headed out. Gregg and gang went to get mulch and I took a few to the greenhouse for some plants to fill in some holes.

Here is a before and after photo...
The bricks were all laying down two horizontal and then two vertical. It wasn't really helping to keep the grass out and the mulch in. I took the bricks out and laid them more like a wall. I think it will really help! We couldn't drive through the yard because of all the mud so the boys started carrying shovels full of mulch up the steps to the garden. I knew that wasn't going to last long! I grabbed some buckets and filled those for them to dump... much better! I still have a little work left on the front (out of control roses!) and the whole side of the house. Mulching the back gardens will be much easier!

As soon as the mulching was done the big guys cleaned up and headed out to go watch some racing. I took the younger set to the park!
We enjoyed a picnic supper and had a great time playing together. Kiersten was so funny. She tried everything the boys did. She loved it!

We all got sunburn... we all changed clothes because we were filthy... we all were exhausted by the end of the day. What a Great Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The flower gardens really look nice! It's nice to have help, isn't it!