Gregg travels for work... and therefore, gets to eat at lots of different places. On one of his trips, he enjoyed Pepper Jack Tomato Soup. He found a recipe online and we tried it Sunday for lunch.
I really changed the recipe so I'll just share what I used...
Pepper Jack Tomato Soup
50 oz Tomato Soup undiluted
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
8 oz pepper jack cheese, cubed
Mix soup, milk and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in cream cheese and pepper jack cheese until melted.
Serve immediately.
It was just a tad spicy for the little guys but so yummy! I'm sure you could use half regular jack and half pepper jack if you wanted. I can't wait to try it in a bread bowl!!!
I didn't get any photos but it is a nice thick soup that puts a new twist on a regular bowl of tomato soup! Topped with croutons it is a winner!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
This soup sounds really yummy, I love spicy!
Post a Comment