Monday, March 14, 2011

~Flooding Here and Flooding There~


It was a busy week. Aren't they all!?!??! I felt like I was working hard at getting nowhere much of the week. But blessings did abound!

175. Spring rain

176. I can't think of a blessing for a wet basement... but I appreciate my boy's muck boots when I do the laundry

177. Boys spending time with grandparents

178. Tiny foot prints

179. Finding a good sale on ground beef and stocking up

180. Ending a rough day in church... encouraging someone else

181. Getting caught up on my dentist appointments... 3+ years in one night... not one problem

182. A basement drying up

183. Trying new recipes

184. Peanut butter popcorn

185. Watching a boy fascinated by trains he bought with his birthday money

186. Hearing bigger boys talk about pellets, bb's, sights and targets ~ things I never heard growing up

187. Hearing the crispy crunch of an apple

188. Seeds coming by mail... $25 coupon... paid 2.90!

189. A driver's side window fixed... now it goes back up!

190. Being invited over for dinner... all of us.

191. The taste of chocolate milk made by My Love for me to enjoy after my early morning workout

192. One pound gone making it 3 this month!

193. Figuring out how to get photos off the built in memory of the camera

194. Looking at memories 195. The first Crocus of the year

196. Unmulched plants making it through the winter and showing signs up life!

197. Boys working hard at their Saturday jobs.

198. Dads taking time to train boys when it is so much easier to do it yourself.

199. An uncharged laptop allowing me to take a rare Sunday afternoon nap... otherwise I would have been tempted to scrapbook instead of catching that hour of sleep I lost!

200. Memorizing scripture. Psalm 46 is the passage the boys and I are memorizing right now. It certainly applies to the tragedies of this week...

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof."

201. The ability to pray to God who knows all, for people who lost all, that He would be their all in all.

No comments: