Saturday, September 4, 2010

~Another Beautiful Day for a Bike Ride~

There was no racing today because of the holiday weekend! We enjoyed breakfast with some out of town family at a favorite restaurant. Then, Gregg and I were anxious to get back to the bike trail so we loaded everyone up and took off!




We parked at the same place we did last week and went the other way on the trail. It was very different! The first thing we saw was a train going overhead!


Part of the trail was through the woods and it looked like fall with the leaves down. I loved the sound of them crunching under the tires!


The next part of the trail actually went down a road, across a bridge, and kind of circled back around. It was on this bridge that I noticed Eric's tire was really flat! He had a pretty long nail in it. We felt bad for him but were honestly thankful that it wasn't somebody else. We could strap his bike to the trailer and keep going. If it was someone else, we would have had to turn around. Poor Gregg had the three youngest ones and the bike to pull.


More nice paths!


We went under some highways and back behind some houses and apartment buildings. Not at scenic as the trail was in the other direction, but still fun!



Another bridge to go over a major road. We often see this trail when we are heading out to the mall. It was neat being here!


We were glad to get back to some tree covered trails! We found this nice LONG bench and stopped to have our picnic lunch. The down side of this trail was the lack of bathrooms... the boys all found a place... as boys always do:0)


We did do a little exploring before we turned around to head back. I felt bad for Gregg and all the weight he was carrying. The trail had a bunch of little steep hills to climb. It also had thick stones that were hard to bike through. I volunteered to pull the trailer on the way back. I only had two Little's and was thankful for a few of the times Gregg was able to push me up the hill:0) Unfortunately one of the times he let go of the trailer and he and Eric fell over. No one was hurt. Eric was just a little scared.


Kiersten did great today! She fell asleep when Eric was with her and played with Nathan on the way back. I love that Nathan sings while we are biking. He was singing all kinds of Bible songs on the trail. On the way home he started singing "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" Haha! What a silly little man! We did mange to go a little further this time... 14.26 miles today!!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

Crystal said...

Love your pictures. Regarding the apples. You eat the apples they are like in a red juic juice. The jello does not really set. It is wierd. We eat them usually at dinner as a fruit side. You will like them I bet.

Grandma E said...

I certainly hope you do not give up journaling on this blogspot because you think people don't visit here ... we do, and I love the way you write the stories. I enjoy your creativity and the pictures that capture what you write. Your family is priceless!