Tuesday, September 21, 2010

~Brown Bag Quilt Contest~

Have you ever heard of an Ugly Quilt Contest?

How about a Brown Bag Quilt Contest?

The idea is to trade some fabric that you don't "love" anymore for some new fabric and make it into a quilt. There is no guarantee that you will love the new fabric someone else sends you... but it sounded like a fun time and it will be a great excuse to lock myself in my sewing room. I have until March 1 to complete it! It is being headed up over at Stash Manicure. It's not too late to sign up if you want to join the fun!

I haven't crafted since Kiersten's birthday and I am anxious to do something!
This is what I sent. I do like the fabric but it was just sitting there and I didn't have a plan for it. There are 8 fat quarters (one is hiding). My swap partner has to use 90% of it in a quilt. She can buy one fabric and use as much as she wants to from her stash. I can't wait to see what she does with it!
Here it is all packaged up! I sent it out today. Can't wait to get my fabric:-)

No comments: