Monday, August 16, 2010

~In the Oven~

I had been putting foil in my oven to keep it clean without running the self cleaning oven mode. We had an under warranty repair a few weeks ago and the repair guy mentioned that the foil will burn the bottom of my baked goods (reflecting heat). I had noticed the bottoms of my muffins were overdone but didn't realize that it happened right after I started using foil. Ugh... now what.
Well, he told me about these sheets that you can buy that wash off really easy. I found some on sale ($3) last week. I made pies on Friday and they bubbled over into the oven... looks at that sticky mess!
I just took the sheets out, peeled off the crispy stuff and ran hot water over them. I scrubbed a little but they really came clean easily! Well worth it!!!

2 comments:

asnipofgoodness said...

I remember having one of those several years ago Danielle, and it was great. Where did you find them for 3$?

Crystal said...

I am going to have to pick up some of those. They sound great.