The boys enjoyed riding on the trailer and pulling the bales off the bailer. They had to get "sea legs" as the trailer tipped and bumped a bit. They also helped put the bales on the elevator that took it to the top of the barn. I didn't have my camera the whole time so I just got this shot of them way out in the field. And since our neighbors are so nice... they sent us home with a dozen ears of corn and the promise of taking the boys to a horse auction Saturday morning.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
~Helping with Haying~
Around here, the first gathering of hay and straw happens before the 4th of July. I was delighted that my boys were able to help the neighbors with that chore this year. The weather was delightful and the job was finished much quicker with many hands helping! 
The boys enjoyed riding on the trailer and pulling the bales off the bailer. They had to get "sea legs" as the trailer tipped and bumped a bit. They also helped put the bales on the elevator that took it to the top of the barn. I didn't have my camera the whole time so I just got this shot of them way out in the field. And since our neighbors are so nice... they sent us home with a dozen ears of corn and the promise of taking the boys to a horse auction Saturday morning.
The boys enjoyed riding on the trailer and pulling the bales off the bailer. They had to get "sea legs" as the trailer tipped and bumped a bit. They also helped put the bales on the elevator that took it to the top of the barn. I didn't have my camera the whole time so I just got this shot of them way out in the field. And since our neighbors are so nice... they sent us home with a dozen ears of corn and the promise of taking the boys to a horse auction Saturday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Haying is fun, looks like the wagon there was pulled by horses??
We brought in hay today!
What a wonderful experience. Isn't life in the country perfect?
Post a Comment