Friday, July 16, 2010

~Fun Friday~

Gregg had the day off today because he missed a holiday from his last trip. He took the older three boys to continue disassembling the surprise and he manged to bring it home and assemble most of it. I'll give you a couple more days to make a guess;-)

I thought I'd try to make it a fun day for the little ones. I had four big bags to drop off at the thrift store so we did a little shopping too! We stopped at the bakery that happened to be on the way to the park. We each had a doughnut (chocolate filled eclair long john) and spent some time playing. It was too hot to be there but we enjoyed it anyway.Kiersten enjoyed watching all the kids run around. She was really wanting to get down and play now! I had a hard time holding her.

When we got home I got Kiersten down for her nap and let the boys play in the little pool. We didn't set up the big one this year because Gregg and I were both so busy we didn't think we would have time to take care of it. It is also getting harder for me to watch everyone while holding the baby. I found some holes in the little pool so just threw a tarp in it! The boys were all cooled off and ready for their nap by the end of their playtime!

A new pizza shop opened just down the road yesterday and Gregg thought he would treat us to pizza. It was very good! I also had to run and get some groceries so it turned out to be a very busy day.

Tomorrow we go back to the race track! Since I took today off... and tomorrow we will be gone... I think my house will be a disaster by the time we get to Monday!

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The tarp works! A friend of my son, put one in the back of his pickup truck and filled it with water. I'm thinking of giving it a try - it's so hot here! :-)