Monday, December 21, 2009

~Winter Wonderland~

We waited all day Friday for the snow to arrive. It was just before 5 am Saturday that the flakes started falling. It was really windy and the storm was coming at us from an odd direction... look... we have a bit of a snowdrift by our door! Better get that fixed!The boys enjoyed the snow on Saturday but I stayed bundled up in the house. I don't like the wind blowing the falling snow into my face. Gregg took the older three to a nearby park for some good sledding. I heard their drive over and back was fun. Gregg loves to slide around :0) These are pictures from Sunday...it was a beautiful sunny day!




Of course we had to enjoy a cup of hot cocoa!

This was the view from the front door...amazing how blue it looks compared to the colors on Fridays post!


Church was canceled Sunday morning but things cleared up and we were able to have our special Christmas service Sunday night.

The boys are planning on some more sledding today...I'm taking them to the park and staying in the warm van with Kiersten! Nathan and Eric are spoiled having big brothers to sled with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the boys had an excellent opportunity to enjoy the "blizzard" ... boys would include the BIG GUY! I wonder where he gets his love for making the vehicle slide???? I'm with you for staying warm and cozy with the baby.

-- Grandma E

asnipofgoodness said...

Ohhhh, that looks so wonderfully fun!