Gregg and I haven't been away together since our 10th Anniversary. Since we are nearing our 20th... I thought it was about time to get away again!
Nathan and Kiersten were especially excited! They really were anxious to spend the night at Grammy and Grandpa's house. They had a lot of fun and can't wait to stay there again!
Our first stop, after dropping the kids off, was for fuel. It was way to tempting to be at a Sheetz and not grab a coffee, so I splurged and ran inside. Gregg's favorite drink is a Throwback Mountain Dew, I decided to treat him as well.
Gregg has been to Mutschlers' before, but I wasn't with him. I love visiting greenhouses this time of year. They are warm, bright and alive! This place was just beautiful! A was a mini "Longwood Gardens" :-)
I use Agave as a sweetener... look kinda like aloe!
Just lovely!
many different kinds of bonsai too!
We decided to do a little shopping, then headed to a new to us restaurant. The Olive Tree Greek Grill was delicious! Everything was bursting with taste.
These were our appetizers! We got lots of food so we didn't have to cook Saturday lunch. I enjoyed everything but the stuffed grape leaves.
Gregg had an assortment of grilled meats and I had monk fish. My dish was very good but I did enjoy the grilled meats more!
We even splurged on dessert.
After dinner, we headed to Wegmans. That grocery store is so much fun to visit. Gregg wanted to see the famously expensive mushrooms called "truffles." We found these black blobs in the cheese case. Since they were in a truffle dish I assumed that is what they were.
A very nice employee came over and we asked him about them. They grow underground by tree roots and pigs find them and dig them out. They are very strong in flavor and are mostly used in pasta and cheese dishes. He gave us a taste of oil infused with the truffles on some Parmesan. It was very good... but at $1000 a pound, I don't think we will be buying any. He did explain that each mushroom is only $10 - $20 because of their weight.
We spent the night and most of the next day at a very nice cabin in the woods. We will not be waiting another ten years to go away ☺It was so relaxing to be in a very clean and very quite cabin!






1 comment:
Glad you could get away!
Post a Comment