Monday, June 23, 2014

~Knoebels~

Friends of ours invited us to join them at Knoebels last Monday.  The weather was perfect and the park wasn't too busy. We had a great day... for the most part :-)


One of the earliest rides we road, was the Statosphere.  Bad decision on my part!  It looked simple. You go up, you go down.  I don't really like heights but I thought the way I was sitting it would be fine. You don't have to look down.  It was beautiful from the top!

Well, 148 feet is a lot higher than I thought it was.  The drop down was a lot faster than I though it would be.  Most of us were shaking when we got off the ride.  Some of the kids liked it... crazy.  I have never been so scared in my life!  I can't believe Nathan and Eric liked it!


I enjoyed watching the kids on a lot of the rides.  Aaron and Josiah spun 23 times in a row... thinking they did really well, they found out the record was over 180!


Jordan and Jared got stuck upside down on this one for awhile.


Some rides the big kids did for the little kids enjoyment


Nathan and Kiersten loved riding with Miss Erin and her family.  Fun is so much better when shared with others ☺


Their own little coaster!


They road this after they had ridden the Phoenix about 8 times.  You literally had to hold Kiersten on the Phoenix... she would have flown right out!


They had their hands raised on the coasters and waved at all the people.  Silly kids.


Kiersten went on the flume several times with dad. Most of the time, I sat in front of her and blocked the splash.


I didn't go the last time...  

We enjoyed a picnic lunch and a pizza supper.  It started raining around 8:30.  We ended up spending an hour at the bumper cars.  One of three rides still running... in a thunderstorm... with an electric roof... and a metal floor!  Makes sense to me.  We had a great time!  No one was leaving, it was raining too hard.  They just got out and ran around to get on again.  We were all friends by the time they kicked us out.


On our way back to the car... boys will be boys...


Josiah spotted and caught this frog.  Aaron wanted to bring him home for dinner.

It was a great day!  Thankful for friends and fun days!



No comments: