Monday, May 13, 2013

~Surprise Day Out~

Jordan was supposed to race Friday night... he got to the track and got rained out.
If he rains out on Friday night, we generally can't race Saturday either.

Sure enough, we got up and saw the race was canceled.  I mentioned that I could have gone to the homeschool convention... Gregg said "GO"... I ran through the shower and packed a snack.  The big show in Harrisburg is an hour away.  I had no plans so I hit the ground shopping!  Whoohoo!

I was able to catch up with my friend Val who lives too far away.  I was also able to meet Crystal from Money Saving Mom!  It was a fun day :-)


My favorite find was a Bible curriculum... I can't wait to get started!

I spent a long time at Queens Homeschool.

Looked at this fun Cat and Dog Theology Bible study for the family.

Compared many language arts books and spelling/vocab books... still undecided.

It was a great day considering I had no plans ready!

I drove home in the pouring rain, but my family had supper ready and they all enjoyed their gifts... some new autographed Hank the Cow Dog audio books and two new Patch the Pirate stories... we heard them playing late into the night.

1 comment:

wodaking said...

What a fun surprise! That sounds like a great way to redeem a day!