I scheduled a field trip in September to one of our local historical places. The problem was it was the same day Gregg took off to finish putting Jordan's new car together to race that night. Of course, the older boys wanted to stay home. Sigh... well, I decided to let them stay home if they did their school work without me.
I took Eric, Nathan and Kiersten and we had a great time! I am really used to having the helping hands of the older guys, but we managed just fine.
Civil war encampment
Glass blowing
Nathan made this rope... Eric made one too. We waited in line for over an hour to do this!
We bought some burgers and fresh milled cider for lunch. We watched people spin wool, make paper, paint and cook. We sampled some honey and sauerkraut. Nathan bought a walking stick with an antler tied to the end. We also got some antlers for our dogs to chew and some homemade soap!We had a great day together but had to head home for the next part of our busy weekend!






No comments:
Post a Comment