Monday, July 11, 2011

~Blessings from the Sick Bed~

I have put myself on the couch for the rest of the day. I was exhausted from being out in the sun on Saturday and just thought I needed a good nights sleep... I was freezing in church and thought I just needed a sweater... I didn't even fix my family lunch but went straight to bed thinking I only needed a nap...

It turns out I woke up this morning with a major sore throat, swollen glands and a fever. UGH!

I had volunteered to clean the church this morning for a funeral service tomorrow. Thankfully, the boys do a lot of it. By the time I got the bathrooms done they were done with the rest.

So, as I rest with blanket, fan and ice water... the list continues...

#423 - 441

A good time going door to door raising money for cancer. Our quarter midget group works with the American Cancer Society and raises money once a year.

Finishing a baby doll crochet blanket

Starting to sew a baby doll
A verse in devotions that gives strength

More door to door. This time we are inviting children out to VBS!

Finishing the Objectives for the 2011/2012 school year

A family that goes along with my idea of fun... dressing like cows for a free meal! (Jared really wasn't upset... he just didn't know she was going to take the picture right then and didn't want to stand there smiling forever:0)A computer that is finally fixed!

Big brother who jumps out of his car to get his younger brother started

Youngest brother who entertains himself at the track

Shade

A husband who tells me to go to bed before I even start lunch

And he even makes sandwiches for supper

Hearing from the teens that went to camp

Working with some of the teens... I'm in charge of the VBS puppets and have 5 teens helping me!

A friend that notarizes my affidavit without charge every year.

Being invited over for ice cream after church

Aches and pains that will most likely go away within a day or two

Boys that chip in when they need to


Now, I'm off to sneak a nap before Kiersten wakes up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. Hope you get to feeling better soon. :-)
Anne