Tuesday, November 16, 2010

~Sewing Bricks~

We got the boys an early Christmas gift! It needed a "dust cover" and when Gregg and I were talking about it we decided it should be a "cool" dust cover. I found some stone and brick fabric at the store! I took photos with my camera phone and send them home. They boys all chose brick. I spent most of my free time this weekend making it.

Here it is with 6 doors you can open up! Now we just need to add some lights!


This is the view inside...

And the view from the top...

All this machinery runs on one erector set motor. The boys have really enjoyed watching it work. Lots of gears and pulleys! Even the younger boys have learned that if you hook up to a smaller gear it goes faster!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle,
Thanks for stopping by, nice to hear from you. I did stop posting for a while, re-organized, lost some posts, and am back again. :-)
You've been busy and it looks like fun stuff. The scarecrow's are cute, and apples...yum.
In the first two pictures, this looks like something huge, until I got to the one with Kirsten standing next to it. That's awesome. I'm sure the boys are enjoying it.

Have a good week,

Grandma E said...

Absolutely adorable. Now, was this actually for the "big boy" in the family who used the smaller boys as reason to buy it? :)