Friday, April 9, 2010

~Baking Day and an Audio Book~

A day like this doesn't happen very often! I promised a big batch of cookies for our church spring cleaning day tomorrow and thought I'd try to fit some extra baking in as well. The boys actually completed their school work at a good time...and Nathan and Kiersten took great naps this afternoon! That all adds up to some much enjoyed R&R while baking in the kitchen!

I made two chocolate chip banana breads, one batch of Neiman-Marcus cookies, and a double batch of big soft ginger cookies! I was able to stick the bread in at lunch time. I made all the cookies while Kiersten was napping. The kitchen was almost clean when she woke up and I only had two trays of cookies waiting to be baked! Not bad!

The R&R part came in with the bigger boys being kicked out of the kitchen:-) They kept themselves busy and out of trouble. I was also listening to this audio book...
I've mentioned these books before (you can find them here) but this is the first I have listened to the audio books! Very, very good! Not just "clean" books but ones that actually challenge your faith and make you think. My boys really liked it too. I see they have a free download on their homepage right now... and a new audio book... I am going to head back over there to check it out!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you were able to take advantage of those wonderful "nap times" :)

The cookies look delicious!

May Our Lord bless you & keep you,

Maria

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love days like this!
You feel like you've gotten so much done. :-), and you have!! Chocolate chip banana bread sounds awesome!

Love the Lamplighter books. I signed up for the free download.;-)

Have a nice weekend,
Blessings,
Anne