Sunday, March 14, 2010

~Road to Calvary~

I have been wanting to do some type of getting ready for Easter activity... but it always seems to sneak up on me. I never know when Easter is... and don't have time to really think through what I want to do... so I always do nothing. Then I say "next year I'll do something." It is a vicious cycle!

BUT

I was over visiting Anne and she posted a wonderful idea! She called it the Road to Calvary. It is an advent calender... just for Easter instead of Christmas. She has photos and devotions all typed up over at her place... so go check it out here! The devotions have scripture, verses to memorize, questions to think about, songs to sing and prayers.

I went shopping for some felt and Velcro last Friday night. I cut almost everything out after the kids were in bed. I spent last Saturday making the banner...
The rest of the week I was working on the symbols...
(oops, the bread and cup are upside down)

Here is what it looks like altogether!It would be easy to use paper if you don't have any felt! I'm sure children would love to help make one... my younger boys can't stop playing with the pieces. Also, I chose to hand sew mine together but you could use a sewing machine for the big stuff and glue for the little stuff.

Anne, thank you so much for sharing this!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Danielle! Your banner and circles look great, and I know your children are enjoying this learning experience. Happy Easter!
God bless you and yours,
Anne

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Anne shared this wonderful idea for Easter!

Enjoy it :)

Maria

Diane said...

LOVE THIS! Maybe I will find a few minutes to put this together. It's fantastic!

Fleming3505 said...

hELLO! i KNOW THIS IS AN OLDER POST, BUT i AM WONDERING IF THERE ARE ANY DIRECTIONS? IF SO, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT ACRESOFGRACE6 AT GMAIL DOT COM. THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog via pinterest - someone tagged your path pic. I was looking under Easter Advent ideas and really liked yours. The original post (via Anne) isn't working anymore... do you have the tidbits she included? I'd love hints as to where/how to find them for this theme you did. Anything helps,
thanks all the same! :)

Danielle said...

I know the link is no longer working but I have the devotionals and songs that I can email you if you want. Just send me your email... I promise I won't publish it :-)