Thursday, March 4, 2010

~More Crochet~

It is becoming quite a habit to sit down with a crochet hook and yarn. I am so glad something is being accomplished while I am sitting and listening to my young readers. Most of my day I accomplish things that have to be redone (cleaning and cooking are never finished!) ... my crochet actually gets done... complete... finished:-) Well, unless a curios little boy pulls on the yarn just to see what will happen... ANYWAY!I loved the shape of the blanket I made my cousin for Christmas so I made one for myself in just one color. It is big enough to cover my lap.

Then, I made this cute little hat for my little sweetie! Her bonnet was too small and I didn't want to spend the money on another one when spring is right around the corner. I found a pattern online (sorry, I can't find the link right now) and added a scalloped edge and ribbon. I was inspired by this photo ( and if you want to read an amazing and honest birth story of this little girl you can check it out here). I'd like to make her a hat with removable flowers too!!!

My next project... I've got a scarf half done:-) I know it is almost spring, but this was on my list since November:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute hat and an adorable baby! The blanket is beautiful too.
You do very nice work.:-)
God bless,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Oh Danielle, how can you show such amazing work without links...shame on you :)

Everything looks so pretty dear friend. Thank you for sharing,

Maria

Diane said...

So lovely! Both the blanket and the hat would take me several years to complete ;) Wonderful job!