Enough of the downs... here are the ups...
My boys swap gifts with their cousins. This year we decided to swap their favorite treats! My guys certainly enjoyed that swap!
Gift giving is always enjoyable! I made this blanket for my cousin. It was the first real pattern that I followed. I had to call my mom once to walk me through the first step but overall had no problems!
My grandparents live very simply and don't ask for anything. I decided to make them two different kinds of granola, some peach jam, tea, dish cloths and chocolates...I also include a photo book ~ 45 photos of our year.
Most of our other gifts were bought this year. I've started a list of things to make for next year! I am excited to begin...I even have an idea for the guys!!!
During the week between Christmas and New Years Gregg and the boys spent a lot of time painting Jordan's race car that was his birthday gift). One day we took off to a Lego Store...It was a long drive and so not worth it. The boys were very disappointed in how small the store was. Oh well! We did see something else fun on that trip but I'll be sharing that later!
New Years Eve was spent separated...I stayed home with the three littles and Gregg went to our church service with the three biggies. We all had a good time. We had our own New Years Eve fun on New Years Day. I made popcorn in my new popcorn maker.
And had shrimp, bologna and cheese and homemade pickles while watching a movie.
The last week of our Christmas break was really up and down. The stomach flu came through. After that we did fit in some painting...
They played with these little things...I forget what they are called:-)...
So that was our up and down roller coaster break... I'm anxious to get back to my goals...I haven't been doing very well yet!






5 comments:
hey! I was wanting a popcorn popper like that for Christmas this year. but they were all sold out around here. where did you get yours at?
Hi Sarah! My husband found it at Target :-)
Danielle,
The feeling of a fresh-clean house is absolutely wonderful!
You will be able to get back to your goals...you will see!
blessings,
maria
What a beautiful blanket! That's a gift to be treasured.
Nice pic of you making popcorn!
Also, I like your "door-to-door" cleaning idea :)
It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! :) I love the blanket you made! It's absolutely beautiful! The colours are great! I enjoyed seeing all your photos.
Post a Comment