Friday, January 22, 2010

~Take Two~

So, here is my second try at a tag blanket...finally...

This time I used black and white butterfly fabric on one side...pre washed.... and fuzzy white stuff on the other side...pre washed :-) (if you don't remember - I forgot to prewash the black fabric and had a baby with black lips! I washed it but then all my ribbons were black too.)

Kiersten loves it!

I also kept looking at my mantel and didn't like it....
I like this much better...but is it too busy now? What do you think?
I'm working on some pillows now!

5 comments:

Fruitful Harvest said...

I too have made a "taggy" blanket for my 1st daughter now 4yrs.
One must be careful not to make the loops of ribbon to large. Needs to be small enough their tiny wrist can't get caught in it.

Also I think your mattle would look better and less cluttered if you took away all the photos except your large family one. Then leave the rest of the candle ect.
Just my thoughts.

Peace and Joy,
Georgiann

Fruitful Harvest said...

Oh I forgot to say...then move your large family photo to the center of the mantle with your wooden Family sign.

Georgiann

Danielle said...

Georgiann ~ Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! I did remove the other pictures and it does look better! Yay!

Anonymous said...

You have been busy!

The blanket is just lovely and the mantle would look better if you keep either the pictures or the candles - but both just looks too busy.

Just a suggestion ;-)

blessings,

maria

Diane said...

Since you've already changed your mantle, my comments don't mean much... but I thought it looked nice!

Nice taggy blanket!