Luke 2:52
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature,
and in favor with God and man.
I often use this verse to pray for my children. It helps me to think of a greater variety of requests and then that normally leads to trying to help them in those areas. I decided this year I would list my goals according to this verse...making sure my priorities are right!
Increasing in Wisdom
~What would I like to learn!??!?! There are so many things to enjoy! I spent a lot of time in 2009 learning more about sewing and learning to crochet. This year I'd like to learn a lot more about gardening. I have a book I'll be going through! I would also like to get a little more involved in our local government. Yikes, I know. Big thing with all these little people. Not yet sure how that will work but I'll be looking for opportunies! One last area would be doing better with budgeting.
Increasing in Stature
~I see stature as my health. More excersise, more eating right...yep, the normal stuff! More specifically I'd like to do more with beans and rice (I'll be working through a cookbook for this one)...so that my family loves to eat them! I'm also looking forward to real popcorn (thanks to my men for buying that for me for Christmas!) and real tea (thanks for the money gift Dad E!) I made so many changes this past year with grinding my own grain, yogurt, granola, and pressure cooking that I need to just get better at those things instead of adding something new. The only other maybe would be making our own icecream!!!
Increasing in favor with God
~I would have to say my Quieting a Noisey Soul study in 2009 was excellent! This year I plan on going through Proverbs every month...yes, every month! I think there is so much in there and while I have read through Proverbs here and there, I think the repetition will be great! Any ideas of study books I could use? I also hope to read 4 books to challenge my walk with God. I've already got my first two! Four books in one year doesn't sound like a lot... but I have to keep these goals attainable and also leave room for other things to jump in! I'll also be memorizing. Our church is doing 1 one another verse each month, I learn one verse each week with the boys for school and I'd like to learn one passage for myself. I am not sure what that will be yet.
Increasing in favor with Man
~I am excited about the idea of this! The one another verses we will be learning in church will be put into action at home. More of our family visiting the elderly. More of me reaching out to new people at church. More of me talking to strangers at the park, grocery store, library etc. More people into our home. The only catch with this would be fighting my desire for people to like me... that is not the idea here. I want them to see Christ living in me. The hardest part will be at home... I desire to be a more pleasant mom at home.
I'll be sure to share specifially about these things in the next few weeks!
Happy New Year!






2 comments:
You have the right idea Danielle. Your goals sound full of wisdom and quite attainable ;-)
Do you mind if we do Proverbs together?
Wishing you a very blessed 2010!
maria
You are always such an inspiration to me. For the first time this year we are writing down goals. Individual, Family and as a couple. It's exciting and daunting as there are so many things I could pick to work on. I look forward to see how you are coming along on your goals. Val
p.s. Loved your newsletter! :-)
Post a Comment