Tuesday, January 12, 2010

~An Afternoon Off~

What a surprise today! Jordan and Jared were signed up for a field trip this afternoon...My mom called yesterday to see if she could have Eric and Nathan for the afternoon! What's a girl to do with some free time!?!?!? I had a hard time deciding if I was going to clean or play! I have been cleaning so much lately but haven't even touched the toy room...soooo many toys in there! I was feeling too practical to splurge on fun so I split up my time.

I took Aaron out to lunch. We had a hot dog and little doughnuts...yum! We got back in time for Kiersten to take her afternoon nap and we started cleaning. I am so not joking when I say you couldn't walk into the play room. I like to keep the downstairs clean (all our living areas and bed rooms are on one floor) but I really let the upstairs go (craft room and toy room). So, we cleaned and cleaned until Jordan and Jared got home. I had them help us for another half hour. So many tiny pieces needed to be sorted. We are not done but at least you can walk around now! The boys also found things they have been looking for:-)

After Kiersten got up I started on my fun project...


I think I scrape the windshield twice each winter. Gregg is normally home and does it...or the boys go out for me. A few weeks ago I had to do it myself and my glove got all snowy and wet...yuck! A few days later I saw this tutorial. Yes!!!! I *need* that! It took maybe 15 minutes and I used what I had on hand. I used fleece instead of cotton and didn't bother with the batting. I would make it an inch or two longer if I made another one. Even if I never scrape another windshield I will still see this cheery scraper in the van and smile:-)

Yay! Let it snow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a fun project and idea! It has been good to catch up with you today! Hope all is well with you! :)

Diane said...

You are a true mom! Your idea of an afternoon off is cleaning the toy room and sewing :) I understand completely!! Great snow scraper... I just might be needing one of these myself soon.

asnipofgoodness said...

ooooh, I am glad I don't need that snow scraper! Well, I wouldn't mind just for a day or two! I can't believe you used your time to clean, although I can see myself doing the same thing. Cleaning out toys always goes better when they aren't around, you can be more ruthless in the throw away bag, if ya know what I mean.