Friday, August 15, 2014

~Mexico Missions Trip - Day 2~

Sunday morning we woke up bright and early to enjoy a cinnamon roll breakfast.  I soon found out why they feed you so well... they torture you with lack of sleep and cold showers :-0

Anyway, Sunday morning we attended a local church.  We arrived back at the mission for lunch... a wonderful turkey dinner.  Our church spend the afternoon putting tracts in with the bracelets and crosses we brought down.  Kiersten and I had been helping make them for a few months.


Our evening church service was in Mexico.


This church reminded me of some of the churches I saw in Romania when I was a teen.  The big difference is Mexico has a lot of stray dogs... in Romania there were chickens everywhere.


The church members were in front to the right.  They set up the empty side for their 60+ visitors.  We helped this church canvas the area Monday and Tuesday... reaching probably 700 people.  I can't wait to hear a year from now how many of these seats are filled by their own members!!!


The Pastor and his wife.  I don't think they spoke a word of English.


What a crowd... I know this church was encouraged!


The Pastor and family

This was the first day I experienced crossing back into the USA.  On a fast night at the border we only had to wait an hour.

We were not allowed to take pictures at the border but it looked like a long row of toll booths.  The buses have to be in the far right lane.  Everything in the bus and everyone had to be checked.  The people walked through a building with guards and x-ray machines.  The bus had to be driven through an x-ray machine as well.  Traffic is slow on the bridge but the problem comes if there is a bus ahead of you... especially if it has luggage.  Everything has to be unloaded from those buses!  We had a great week of border crossings!  Maybe it had something to do with praying every night as we neared the bridge :-)

No comments: