Monday, July 21, 2014

~Done~


A friend of mine was chatting with me and mentioned this little book.  I couldn't help but add it to my next Amazon order... it's under $3.00!  You can get it here from the publisher though.

What a great little book!  It is perfect to read through to help in your witnessing but it is also great to hand to someone that is searching for truth.

Here are some of my favorite points...
  • Excruciating - we often use this word for lots of pain... it is a Latin word meaning cross or crucifixion. The word was made up for the Romans as they crucified people on the cross. Wow! Jesus did that for me!
  • Propitiation - means "the full payment for". Here are some verses that take on a whole new jaw dropping, tear wiping moment. 
    • I John 2:2 and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
    • 1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins
  • Grace & Mercy - "Grace is getting what I don't deserve. Mercy is not getting what I do deserve. Mercy is when the police officer pulls you over for speeding but lets you off with a warning. Grace would be the police office pulling you over for speeding and giving you a $100 Walmart gift card just because he loves you!"
  •  A quote "Yes, this lake of fire (according to the Bible) is a real place, a terrible place, and men do end up there because of their sins. It's not God's desire; it's not what he wants for you, but it is the final resting place of sin. Apart from a miracle, all who sin are headed there because God is too good to let sin live."
    • Two things that stood out... the lake of fire is a resting place for SIN and God is too good to let sin live. Wow! Isn't it great knowing sin will be no more! God is good!!!
I have enjoyed listening to several sermons by this Pastor as well.

1 comment:

Deidre said...

I love Pastor Cary Schmidt's books!!! They're full of wisdom and easy to read :)