Monday, March 3, 2014

~A Vapor~

I started the year by studying the book of James.  I have managed to take a seven week study and make it 9 weeks ☺  I take days off here and there for the lessons I am teaching our Jr church and to our single mom kids.

I have learned so much and should have been sharing all along... I tend to remember more when I share it!

Anyway, last week was a good study for me!

vapor coming off my coffee mug this morning

James 4:14
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. 
For what is your life? It is even a vapour, 
that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

I learned several things about this "vapour" over the course of several days.
  • Our life is a vapor. The eternal view of this is that God is only asking me to do this hard thing called life for a few minutes... I can be faithful!
  • My life may be a vapor, but I am still valued by God. After all, he did send his son to die for me.
  • My life is a vapor, but each day is willed by God for his pleasure. (Eph 1:5)
  • My life is a vapor, and I often waste it by pursuing prosperity over the presence of God... God, however, wants me to pursue him and he will prosper me. (Jer 29:11)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this insight into "vapour". Wise words, Danielle.