I enjoyed a teaching conference I went to last November so much that I went again this year... with one sidekick and 5 teen girls in my van. There was also two men and three teen guys that made the trip in other vehicles. I was happy to have Jordan on the trip this time!
I have never driven so many hours at one time... that was my most worry some part of the trip. The trip out went very well. We stopped a number of times... for coffee in PA, Cabela's in West Virginia, supper in Ohio and groceries. I was so thankful for nice weather!
We stayed at the church that was hosting the conference. We were in some of the school rooms, so we had to have all our belongings packed up and moved out early each morning.
Most of the girls had cots or couches to sleep on. These two guys took the floor. Jordan and Caleb only slept a few hours so the floor wasn't a problem for them.
We had four hours to fill the first morning before the conference. We enjoyed a trip to Jungle Jim's, we walked around Hobby Lobby (do not play with the big feathers... it angers the workers who got up on the wrong side of the bed) and we took a long early lunch break at Panera Bread... and that was all before 11 am!
Me and my side kick Kristi ♥ in an outhouse in Jungle Jim's.
Some of the gang in Jungle Jim's.
We had a great time at the conference. Five general sessions, lots and lots of workshops with brain overload, but good stuff.
Many in our group won door prizes. Caleb and Jordan had to play a game for theirs. They put an Oreo on their forehead and had to get it to their mouth without touching it!
We enjoyed using the school gym (but not the showers!) and had fun meeting up with some of the missionaries that have visited us through their Bible Assembly program.
I had a great time with the teens and am so glad they could learn how to teach at an early age. We are all working together to teach Jr Church and I think they will do a fantastic job.
I was most concerned about the trip home... I didn't get much sleep and we had to drive almost straight through. God certainly was answering my prayers (and the prayers of the moms in the church) by giving me a wonderful trip home. I got tired of driving but not tired.
I seriously need to let Gregg go next year... and I hope to take a mission trip instead!






No comments:
Post a Comment