Saturday, July 21, 2012

~VBS Week~

I am normally very involved in VBS, but this year I took a break... kind of.  I was sewing baptismal gowns for the church (much, much cheaper than buying them) and thought it would be perfect timing.  The kids would all be gone in the evening and I could sew.

We helped set up... somewhat because we normally help, but mostly because they were using our cars!  It was a race theme this year:-)  This is the front of the church with two of our cars and the puppet stage...

 We also had one of our cars outside for all the kids to get their pictures taken in.  They really liked that!

Our mascot this week was a turtle named Speedy... who Kiersten was a little attached to.  Jordan helped again with the puppets and Gregg did most of the driving back and forth.  I really missed not being involved!  I didn't know the songs or stories:-(  Next year I'll be back at it!
Gregg and I did manage a small date night at the end of the week.  We went to a little whole in the wall mexican place...yum!  Maybe I will take one night off for a date:-)

No comments: