Monica over at the Homespun Heart was having a giveaway for this book. I have seen previews of projects from this book, but haven't seen it in person until now!

This book is beautiful and well done! I finally had a chance to look at it last night when all the young people were tucked away:-) I found the book very inspiring and I can't wait to carve out some free time! More than inspiring though, I found it very sobering. I don't see real poverty and need in my little corner of the world. I about cried every time I read about an organization that wanted donations. The hardest one was the people living in the dump. How horrible!
I guess I should say that along with each craft the publisher has listed several organizations that need that particular item and there is often a little tidbit about them and who they serve.
I can't wait to box up some homemade treasures and send them off. Wouldn't it be a fun way to teach children to give and to work with their hands!??!?!






3 comments:
Congratulations, Danielle. Thank you for posting and telling about this book. I have just read another blog friend's post about a mission project her church is doing. I've been wanting to do something with my knitting and sewing projects. This book may help me find just what the Lord wants me to do. Thanks again,
Blessings,
Anne
Oh I wanted that book. HaHa. So glad you stopped by and entered the giveaway. Good luck
Sounds so interesting, I'd love to hear more once you start on a project. :)
Post a Comment