Almost a week later...can't believe how time flies!
Anyway, here is Kiersten's Birth Day story:-)
Tuesday September 1st was a rough day for me. I had been up three times that night with contractions. Long enough and strong enough that I could not sleep (this was the third night of contractions). They continued throughout the day off and on. It didn't matter what I did or didn't do...they just kept coming. My body was sore from baby moving about too. Late evening I thought it would feel good to take a little walk. It was a beautiful cool evening and I felt much better afterwards. After putting the boys to bed, I took a nice long, hot shower. Everything was cleaned up from the day and everything was in place for the next day. I went to go to bed at 1o:30 but the contractions started again at 10:34. I thought I would just read a magazine for a half hour or so and they would stop so I could go to sleep. Not too long after that, Gregg came to bed. I told him not to get comforitable...although it was 11:05 before I decided this was the real thing!
Gregg called our sitter and I called the midwife. I started getting ready...not too much to pack at this point. We left the house a little before midnight...with contractions coming every 3 minutes. Much more intense than the labor I had with the last two. Not a fun ride in for me...or poor Gregg!
delivery room
We arrived at the hospital at 12:20, I was put in a wheelchair and taken to the delivery room. Gregg tried to light a fire under the nurses as it seemed they were not aware I was ready to push. The midwife finally came (I say finally because it seemed forever, I'm sure it was only minutes!) and checked me...9 cm. She finished getting her stuff ready and finally told me I could push. Six pushes later (and some stuck shoulders...ouch!) a beautiful baby appeared in my arms. It took me a few moments to calm down and breath before I realized I hadn't heard "It's a ..." So, I looked and couldn't believe it! A GIRL! I laughed and cried and laughed some more!
Kiersten's apgars were 8 and 9 and she had no problem retaining heat. She was very alert from the begining and stole our hearts immediately. She didn't look like any of the boys for another 12 hours...I think she favors Gregg's family. She has such a cute little round face.
When Kiersten came back from her bath, she was wearing a pink and white sleeper. Too cute! I loved that the hospital dressed her! The boys were all very excited to hold her when they came in the morning.
I spent my time trying to nap and playing with my digital scrapbooking program (I'll have to tell you about that sometime).
We stayed at the hospital until Thursday at 3 when we were discharged. I had some wonderful nurses (who all really enjoyed my gifts) and a complimentary special dinner with Gregg. My parents watched the boys those two days and that was a big help!
We stayed at the hospital until Thursday at 3 when we were discharged. I had some wonderful nurses (who all really enjoyed my gifts) and a complimentary special dinner with Gregg. My parents watched the boys those two days and that was a big help!
Kiersten is doing well...she is very content at this point. I am coming along too. Thank you for all your wonderful comments, thoughts, and prayers. It was so fun sharing the news with you all!






5 comments:
Congrats again dear friend! What a lovely story! She is such a precious girl! :)
I always love a good birth story! this was no exception. I'm glad it went so well for you!!! *hugs*
Beautiful birth story. My eyes teared up when I read about your discovering you had a girl! :) Sounds like you had a short, but intense labor! I know about those..., but once baby is born all that is forgotten. :)
So glad to hear you are recovery and able to rest lots. keep enjoying your new baby girl. I'm sure the brothers are just thrilled too. I'm so happy for you!
Wonderful story. Thank you for sharing! Glad that you made it to the hospital in time. You are a trooper Well done!
Congratulations and God bless you and your new little one! They sure do grow so fast...
Blessings~
Kathy
Post a Comment